• The longest word in the English language, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. The only other word with the same amount of letters is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconioses, its plural.
• An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
• Wilma Flintstone’s maiden name was Wilma Slaghoopal, and Betty Rubble’s Maiden name was Betty Jean Mcbricker.
• Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.
• The phrase “rule of thumb” is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn’t beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
• A group of unicorns is called a blessing. Twelve or more cows are known as a “flink.” A group of frogs is called an army. A group of rhinos is called a crash. A group of kangaroos is called a mob. A group of whales is called a pod. A group of ravens is called a murder. A group of officers is called a mess. A group of larks is called an exaltation. A group of owls is called a parliament.
• Every time you lick a stamp, you’re consuming 1/10 of a calorie.
• The phrase “sleep tight” derives from the fact that early mattresses were filled with straw and held up with rope stretched across the bedframe. A tight sleep was a comfortable sleep.
• Studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building it has about thirty percent less chance of surviving than a cat that falls off the twentieth floor. It supposedly takes about eight >floors for the cat to realize what is occurring, relax and correct itself.
• 111,111,111 x 111,111,111=12,345,678,987,654,321
• No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, and purple.
• There are two credit cards for every person in the United States.
• A snail can sleep for 3 years.
• What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers all have in common?– All were invented by women. (girl power)
• Married men revealed that they change their underwear twice as often as single men.
• 40% of all people who come to a party in your home snoop in your medicine cabinet.
• The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time television were Fred and Wilma Flintstone.
• Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than the US Treasury.
• It is possible to lead a cow upstairs but not downstairs.
If you toss a penny 10,000 times, it will not be heads 5,000 times, but more like 4,950. The heads picture weighs more, so it ends up on the bottom.
LNFs on this day:
1920 – The U.S. Post Office Department ruled that children may not be sent by parcel post.
*Why LNF? Why Plain White Shirt? Read Rorschach’s Ribs and all will be understood.