• In Oklahoma there’s an old, forgotten law that states dogs must have a permit signed by the mayor in order to congregate on private property in groups of three or more.
• In Texas it was once illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.
• On average, 61,000 people are airborne over the US at any given hour.
• 70% of Americans have visited Disneyland/Disney World.
• A major league baseball has an average life span of 7 pitches.
• Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
• The San Francisco Cable cars are the only mobile National Monuments.
• The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.
• Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history; Spades represent King David, Clubs are Alexander the Great, Hearts for Charlemagne, and Diamonds for Julius Caesar.
• “I am.” is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
• The phrase “rule of thumb” is derived from and old English law which stated that you couldn’t beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
• Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.
• The name “Wendy” was made up by J.M. Barrie for the book Peter Pan.
• The phrase “sleep tight” derives from the fact that early mattresses were filled with straw and held up with rope stretched across the bed frame. A tight sleep was a comfortable sleep.
• There are two credit cards for every person in the United States.
• A snail can sleep for 3 years.
• Bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers were all invented by women.
*Why LNF? Why Plain White Shirt? Read Rorschach’s Ribs and all will be understood.