And it has been tasted.
It’s good. I mean really good.
It’s a subtle, smokey, baconey flavor with just mild hints of the black peppercorn.
Considering I think regular vodka tastes like lighter fluid, that says a lot.
So it goes without saying, the next logical step was to refine my Bloody Mary recipe to ensure Christmas morn is spent enjoying the greatest breakfast cocktail…ever.
After some trial and error, I think I’ve got it.
The Bloody Bacon
Fill a pint glass with ice. Grind some black pepper and shake some celery salt over the cubes and set it aside for a country second.
In a shaker, add:
• 6 oz vegetable juice
• 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
• 4-10 shakes of Tabasco, depending on your tastes…I opted for 12.
• 6 Dashes Worcestershire sauce
• A generous pinch of garlic powder
• A fat-fingered pinch of onion powder
• 2 big pinches of celery salt
• Copious amounts of black pepper
• A shake of cayenne pepper
• A shake of chipotle
• 1/2 teaspoon horseradish
• 1/2 teaspoon wasabi
• 1 ounce beef broth
• 2 shots of Bacon Vodka..I opted for 3.
Shake, then pour over the ice.
I garnished it with fresh cooked bacon, roasted red pepper-stuffed green olives and a wedge of lime.
It is, quite possibly, the greatest Bloody Mary I’ve ever tasted.