• Elephants are the only animals that can’t jump.
• Americans on the average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.
• On average people fear spiders more than they do death.
• Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.
• The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as substitute for blood plasma.
• Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.
• American car horns beep in the tone of F.
• Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.
• Barbie’s full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
• On average, 100 people choke to death on ball-point pens every year.
• 7% of Americans will eat McDonalds today.
• All porcupines float in water.
• In Muncie, Indiana, it is illegal to carry fishing tackle in a cemetery.
LNFs on This Day:
1865 – Samuel L. Clemens published “The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County” under the pen name “Mark Twain” in the New York “Saturday Press.”
1928 – The first successful sound-synchronized animated cartoon premiered in New York. It was Walt Disney’s “Steamboat Willie,” starring Mickey Mouse.
1978 – In Jonestown, Guyana, Reverend Jim Jones persuaded his followers to commit suicide by drinking a death potion. Some people were shot to death. 914 cult members were left dead including over 200 children.
1987 – U2 opened for itself by pretending to be a country-rock group called The Dalton Brothers during a concert in Los Angeles
1994 – Cab Calloway died at the age of 86.
*Why LNF? Why Plain White Shirt? Read Rorschach’s Ribs and all will be understood.
Tags: barbie, cab callowat, cemetary, choke, Clemens, coconuts, donkey, elephants, facts, fishing, flinstones, guyana punch, horns, little known facts, lnf, McDonalds, mickey mouse, on this day, pizza, plasma, poop, Rorschach's Ribs, spiders, trivia, twain, u2