• The average adult falls asleep seven minutes after turning out the light.
• Sir Winston Churchill smoked an estimated 300,000 cigars in his lifetime.
• Michelangelo’s cook was illiterate, so he drew her a shopping list, which today is priceless.
• The architect who built the Kremlin had his eyes gouged our by Ivan The Terrible so that he would never be able to design another building like it.
• Pirates wore earrings because they believed it improved their eyesight.
• “Fortnight” is a contraction of “fourteen nights.” In the US “two weeks” is more commonly used.
• Any month that starts on a Sunday will have a Friday the 13th in it.
• The metal instrument used in shoe stores to measure feet is called the Brannock device.
• There are more chickens than people in the world. Beware the uprising.
• There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: “abstemious” and “facetious.”
• There’s no Betty Rubble in the Flintstones ChewablesVitamins
.• NINE PRESIDENTS never attended college: Washington, Jackson, Van Buren, Taylor, Fillmore, Lincoln, A. Johnson, Cleveland, and Truman. The college that has the most presidents as alumni (five in total) is Harvard: J. Adams, J. Q. Adams, T. Roosevelt, F. Roosevelt, and Kennedy.
• A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
• A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours.
• Al Capone’s business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
• Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks; otherwise it will digest itself.
• Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
• Peanuts are one of the ingredients in dynamite.
• The average driving/car-bus riding person spends about 3 months of their life at a red light.
Have a lovely commute into work…
*Little Known Facts…it’s a copywriter joke, don’t ask